Pradnya's Fundraiser For Vibha: Brighter Future For Every Child
Fundraising for This Year End Let's Invest In Brighter Futures
I am thrilled to announce that Vibha is back with the annual fundraiser, just in time for the end of the Indian financial year. The collective goal for the campaign is to raise a total of 50 Lakhs by 31 March. I hope that my friends and family will support generously, as in the past, and that together we can raise a total of 8 lakhs this year. Let’s invest today to build brighter futures for India’s children!
As many of you know, I have been a volunteer with Vibha for about 20 years now. I strongly believe in Vibha’s vision. I believe that every child, regardless of background, should get the opportunity for a good education and a bright future.
In the past, I have helped arrange multiple fundraising events and campaigns- in US and in India. This past year, I also volunteered to be part of the project selection team. It was really nice interacting with and evaluating various organisations doing excellent work in this space. We helped identify some wonderful projects to disburse the funds to.
The funds raised from the campaign were disbursed to the following projects. (Details at: Vibha Project Page)
- Aide-et-Action, Hyderabad, Telangana (INR 5 lakhs)
- Baikunthapur Tarun Sangha (BTS), Sunderbans, West Bengal (INR 3.3 lakhs)
- Swanirvar Prayaash , West Bengal (INR 3.27 lakhs)
- Swanirvar Teacher Training Project, West Bengal (INR 5 lakhs)
- CORP India Street Children Project, Mumbai, Maharashtra (INR 1 lakhs)
- Sikshana /Prerana, Karnataka (INR 18 lakhs)
In addition, here are a few milestones for Vibha in 2018:
- Vibha, along with its partner Sikshana, established an MoU with the Govt. of Andhra Pradesh in India to implement Sikshana’s flagship program “Prerana (Motivation)” in 1958 public schools in 11 tribal mandals of Visakhapatnam district to eventually benefit 73,720 children
- Streamlined corporate support from organisations like Amazon and Texas Instruments towards the rehabilitation of schools affected in the Kerala floods, and raised $120,000
- Thanks to our efforts and transparency, Vibha was the recipient of the Guidestar Gold Seal 2018 and Great NonProfits Top-Rated Award for 2018
I request my friends and family to donate to this fundraiser. In order to continue making an impact, Vibha requires continued support from donors like you. On an average, it takes INR 1,000 to fund a child's education through Vibha for a full academic year. Your tax deductible donation will buy them books, provide teachers, build classrooms, bring doctors and provide safe shelters. What better way to start your year than paving a child's future!
Moreover, I pledge to personally donate to Vibha a matching donation of INR 1,000 per donor for the first 100 donors on my campaign, i.e. upto a total of INR 1 Lakh.
Let's join hands to help educate every child and invest in the future of the country. One child at a time.
All donations to Vibha are tax deductible in India and in US. Vibha is a charitable trust registered under section 80G of the Income Tax Act of India. Vibha in the US is a registered 501(c)(3) organisation.
Vibha's vision is to ensure that every underprivileged child attains his, or her right to health, education and opportunity. Vibha educates, enables and empowers, individuals who wish to make a positive impact on the lives of underprivileged children. Since our inception in 1991, Vibha has supported more than 250 projects in India and 10 projects in the US. As a result, Vibha has been able to reach out to and provide opportunities for over 300,000 underprivileged children. Currently, Vibha supports 30 projects in India and 7 projects in the US.
All donations to Vibha are tax deductible. Vibha is a charitable trust registered under section 80G of the Income Tax Act of India.
|Jeyashankher S R||₹10,000|